Ka-Pow! have some players on our roster who competed for their national teams this summer at various international competitions.
– GB World Games Team: Dave Tyler
The GB team played all the opponents tough, but were unable to come away with any wins and finished 6th.
– GB Beach (Open): Richard Taylor and Dave Salisbury. The GB Open came away with a silver medal after a hard battle in the final against the Swiss.
– GB Beach (Mixed): Fred Shone and Jonny Clark. The GB Mixed team made the Quarter finals, and after some tough top 8 games finished in 7th place.
– GB Beach (Masters): David Bixler, Sion Thaysen and Elias Thaysen. The GB Masters team dominated all opposition, finishing with a Final win over France, Gold Medals and a massive points differential of +61.
– Netherlands Beach (Open): Eddy van der Kloot. The Netherlands mixed team finished with a 4 win and 4 loss record, and placed 10th (holding seed).
– Portugal Beach (Mixed): Pedro Vargas and David Pimenta. The Portugal Mixed team made the Semi finals, but eventually missed out on the medals, finishing 4th. David Pimenta and Pedro Vargas finished as 1st and 2nd in the Points Overall Leaderboard for the Mixed division.
– GB U23 (Open): Joe Thompson and Alex Brooks. The GB U23 Open team played some tough games and managed to finish in 5th position after losing their quarter final to the eventual winners: USA.
– GB U23 (Mixed): Eddy van der Kloot and John Maddox. The GB U23 Mixed team played some very tough opposition and were able to make the quarter finals, eventually finishing in 7th place.
Congratulations to all the above on some tremendous results!