Welcome to the first iteration of the Ka-Pow! Winter Hat League. This autumn and winter, we are hosting anyone who wants something to do with their Thursday evenings. The format will be ultimate that allows for lots of disc touches, friends being made and lots of running (trying to keep that holiday weight at bay).
The league will run from 6 October 2022 to 30 March 2023 and will be comprised of 4 seasons. A season will last 6 weeks and each week will be 2, 45 minute games.
Games will be played in the 5-on-5 sub-on-the-fly style (more in the rule details below) and should provide a great way to stay in shape over the colder months.
You can sign up for a single season (£30), or multiple seasons and we’ll provide you a discount for doing so (i.e. 4 Seasons costs £100 = £25/season). You will play with the same team for the entirety of the season and then each season, everyone’s name goes back into the hat and we’ll shuffle the teams again.
- Format: Mixed Hat League
- Times: Thursday evenings, 6-8 pm.
- Location: Bacons College Turf Fields
- Age: 18+ years old.
- All adult players are welcome!
- Season 1: 6 Oct – 10 Nov
- Season 2: 17 Nov – 15 Dec
- Season 3: 12 Jan – 16 Feb
- Season 4: 24 Feb – 30 Mar
Please complete the form below and let us know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org . Once you’ve completed the form, you have the pleasure of owing us money.
Depending on how many seasons you’ve registered for – you will owe us different amounts. We have provided several ways to get that money to us below the registration form
Name: Kapow Ultimate Frisbee
Sort Code: 60-03-36
Account Number: 8147 4156
Account Type: Business
In-Person at the Fields
- We will always accept cash – our mamas taught us right.
- We will also have a card reader at the fields, however, we will charge a 5% premium to cover the cost of us having a card reader on site. So, send us money ahead of time and save yourself the money.
Some specific rules for the league. You probably haven’t played this style of 5-on-5 before so pay attention:
- Games are to 21 points with a point cap at 21. Time cap is 45 mins.
- If neither team has reached 21 points at the 45 min mark, finish the current point. If the score is then tied, play one more.
- Each team has 1 timeout per game.
- Half-time occurs when the first team reaches 11. There is no break, but teams switch ends and re-pull.
- Hard-cap goes on 5 minutes before 8pm. Teams must be completely off artificial turf fields by 8pm.
- Stall counts are to 8. Normal Delay of Game rules apply (count-downs from 16 and 8).
- There is no pull after a point. When a team scores, the receiving player acknowledges the goal and immediately places the disc on the ground. The other team has 8 seconds to take possession and put the disc into play at that spot (they cannot walk the disc to the goal line).
- Players substitute on the fly. The designated sub zone is at the midline of the field, 10m in length, marked by cones. Every player entering the field must “high five” the outgoing player on the sideline before entering the field.
- At the beginning of a game, both teams line up at the back of the end zone for the initial pull.
- When a team gains possession in their endzone:
- if the disc left the field of play, the disc can be put into play on the perimeter line where it crossed, or brought to the front of the endzone at the point closest to where it crossed the perimeter line.
- If the disc did not leave the field of play and came to rest in the endzone, it is put into play where it came to rest.